endings

I've been feeling weirdly nostalgic for high school lately. Maybe I'm just sentimental for a time when boys didn't ask me to hook them up with someone who could get them some Ritalin (by the way, I don't know anyone who can do that for you. Just to clear things up). 


It's really hard not to be nostalgic for this time. Like, look at me and some of my friends at one of our senior events. It's so cute (though I'm totally wearing my nostalgia glasses right now... I ate lettuce and carrots and water for dinner that night. Thanks, allergies). 

Maybe it's just because my best friend (shut up about your best friend, we get it, you have a best friend and she blogs too) is going through the best part of high school right now: the magical end. (I did a post about high school on her blog one time, and if you are still in high school and have yet to reach the magical end I speak of, you should probably read it. It's pretty great (maybe I only think that because I wrote it))

Sometimes the end of things is really rad. 

High school. Middle school. A really good book or movie (unless it's so good you just want to curl up in a ball and cry because it's over). A nightmare (except I sort of had that covered when I mentioned high school and middle school. Am I the only one who still has bad dreams about high school?). When your dog is peeing on your arm because she's so excited to see your sister (though it would have been better if that had never happened... I liked my life better before the night when I found out the best part of your dog taking an excited piss on you is when it's over).

Sometimes the end of things really sucks. 

A really good book that's so good you wish it would never end. A hyperrealistic good dream where you don't realize you're dreaming until it's over and then the fact that it's a dream is just a disappointment. A fantastic friendship. When you're having a really great time hanging out with someone. Your life before you knew what having your arm peed on by a dog felt like. 

But really, I just wish my dog didn't pee on my arm that one time. 

xoxo, kristina
(ps - this is a prewritten post.
my dog was spayed yesterday, so my day will be spent making sure she is comfortable and safe... but i had this post written, so why not post it, right?)

No comments :

Post a Comment