well, hello there, summer!

I know it's not the official start of summer for almost another month. Wednesday morning, I took my last final of the semester and hurried home to submit a final paper -- and then I was done. Goodbye school (until September), goodbye English classes (until I find out if the four year institution of my choosing requires me to take another one), goodbye awkward eye contact with kids I sort of knew in high school (until I get a new set to deal with in September), goodbye eight am linear algebra class.

I'm done. Until September 3rd.

I love summer. I love chilly mornings and nights (not so much the scorching in between -- which is what we have now. It's too early for this. It's May. I should not have my air conditioning on). I love little puppy paw prints from wet grass. I love sleeping in. I love taking cold showers to cool off. I love staying up late. I love not having to wait for my friends to get out of class to text me back. I love time to create. I love grass under my feet. I love time to watch an entire series of a television show in a single week if that's what I want. I love dirt between my toes. I love that what comes next is autumn (my true seasonal love). 

Since today is the unofficial start of summer, I guess it's time to say it. Summer, yours is a welcome return. Glad to have you back. 

xoxo, kristina

No comments :

Post a Comment